SATCOM (Satellite Communications)
Spectrum’s commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) systems provide high availability, high channel density software reconfigurable solutions. Spectrum’s platforms support multiple standards-based protocols, enabling customers to maximize their development and rapidly deploy a variety of protocols and waveforms. Our SATCOM solutions include:
- Civil and commercial satellite communications (SATCOM)
- Inmarsat BGAN and other L-Band applications
- Asset tracking
- Broadband Satellite Hubs
- Mobile Satellite Earth Stations
- Cellular Base Station Prototyping
- First responder and Interoperable Homeland Security Operations
- Other Wireless Infrastructure (e.g., Trunked Radio and Wireless Local Loop)
Spectrum provided three SDR-3000 software defined radio platforms and related engineering services to Lockheed Martin for research, development and prototyping of advanced satellite communications applications. These applications will offer improved performance under stressing channel conditions and are designed for future net-centric space systems that will support Defense Department and other government organizations.
NASA uses the flexComm SDR-3000 software reconfigurable platform to simulate spacecraft in the lab, providing rapid prototyping for the development of inter-satellite cross links.