The Melbourne VME SharcPAC Motherboard has been designed to allow the integration of high performance digital signal processing systems into a standard VME environment. Using the Analog Devices SHARC processor in a distributed memory parallel
architecture, the system can integrate the following in a single 6U VME slot:
- High performance VME-64 Master/S lave interface
- Up to l8 SHARC processors (when populated with Octal SharcPACs)
- Up to 64 MBytes of DRAM (when populated with DRAM SharcPACs, giving a total of four SHARCs)
- Up to l8 Mbytes of zero-wait-state SRAM (when populated with dual SRAM SharcPACs, giving a total of six SHARCs)
- Numerous high-bandwidth I/O options using application-specifìc SharcPACs.
Features and Benefits
The Melbourne is in the form of a standard 6U x 160mm VME board, with I or 2 ADSP-
2106x processors on-board and 2 SharcPAC module sites. Other features include:
- Each on-board SHARC is optionally provided with 128K or 512K by 48 bits of zero-wait-state SRAM, and/or lM or 4M by 32 bits of fast page-mode DRAM.
- VME slave capability with VMEbus and local interrupts. The VME interface is restricted to one of the on-board SHARCs (SHARC 0) and it’s local memory.
- VME master capability. SHARC 0 can access any VME address in any mode. The board can operate as the slot 1 controller of the VME bus.
- SHARC 0 can boot from a 256K by 8 bit flash ROM, from a VME host, or fromanother SHARC board via a link port. All other SHARCs and SharcPACs boot over links attached to SHARC 0.
- RS-232 interface for a debug terminal. This interface is accessible from SHARC 0.
The processors and SharcPACs are interconnected with the SHARC link ports. The network topology is highly flexible, since a total of l8 links are available off-board. The user can connect these link ports using impedance matched cables. A high level of connectivity between processors can be achieved, and the network can be expanded to
Find A Local Rep
Hirain Technologies – China
Tattva Solutions – India
VME Tech – South Korea
USA - South East
IRep Inc. – USA – South East Region
Coverage Area: AL, MS, FL, GA, SC, NC, KY, TN
K.K. Rocky – Japan
Eurolink Systems – Italy
Digital Communication technologies (DCT) – Israel
USA - Washington Area
Mechtronics Sales, Inc. – USA – Virginia/Maryland
Coverage Area: VA, MD, DC, PA, Southern NJ, W. VA
USA - New England
AD Electronics – USA – New England
Coverage: MA, NH, ME, VT, CT, RI, NY
USA - Central
KJS Marketing, Inc. – USA – Central
Coverage Area: OH, IN, MI, IL, IA, MO, KS, NE, SD, ND, MN, WI
USA - Southwest
Sierra Sales, Inc. – USA – Southwest
Coverage Area: AZ, CO, ID, NM, MT, UT, WY, El Paso county in TX
USA - West Coast
West Coast Reps, Inc. – USA – West Coast
Coverage Area: CA, NV, HI
SEASIA Enterprises Inc. – China
Request Quotation[ninja_forms_display_form id=1]