October 26, 2012
Spectrum Signal Processing by Vecima (“Spectrum”), trusted supplier of embedded processing, RF and I/O solutions, today announces the RF-4102 wideband frequency-agile RF transceiver module covering an analog frequency range of 20 MHz to 2.7 GHz. The RF-4102 module provides RF-to-Digital baseband capability in a single-slot 3U CompactPCI (cPCI) card for applications including signals intelligence (SIGINT), tactical military communications (MILCOM), electronic warfare (EW), software-defined radio (SDR), and cognitive radio (CR).
“The RF-4102 module was developed in response to customer demand for extending the frequency range lower than our current offering,” said Mark Briggs, General Manager for Spectrum. “It also provides more instantaneous bandwidth, which is well suited for applications such as wideband receivers, transmitters, and jammers.”
The RF-4102 module features the following:
- High linearity RF tuner/exciter, 20 MHz to 2.7 GHz (HF, VHF, UHF, L-Band, ISM)
- Up to 200 MHz instantaneous receive analog bandwidth
- Up to 400 MHz instantaneous transmit analog bandwidth
- 14-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) sampling at 490 MSPS
- 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) sampling at 980 MSPS
- Supports fast frequency-hopping applications up to 3000 hops/second
- On-board user-programmable Xilinx® Virtex®-5 SX95T-2 FPGA for signal processing functions such as channelization (DDC/DUC), demodulation/modulation and error correction
- Digital downconverter (DDC) and digital upconverter (DUC) IP cores included
- Available in rugged conduction-cooled or commercial air-cooled options
- Designed for rapid customization to satisfy project- or application-specific requirements.
The RF-4102 module is fully compatible with Spectrum’s Software Defined Radio (SDR) platforms and comes with Spectrum’s quicComm™ software suite which includes drivers, API, FPGA interface libraries, and reference examples to enable developers to rapidly create their application and integrate their systems. Support for the Software Communications Architecture (SCA) is also available through Spectrum as a software option.
Call us today at 1.800.663.8986 or email sales(at)spectrumsignal(dot)com to order. For more information, visit http://www.spectrumsignal.com.